Propane Tanks & Installation
Propane Tanks - APP Propane maintains large inventories of new, quality ASME Propane tanks in all standard sizes to meet customer needs and quick installations requirements. Residential propane tanks for above or below ground in sizes from 120 gallon to 1,000 gallon are maintained in stock and ready to install.
Location of ASME Containers / From NFPA 58, Appendix I
Federal, state, and local ordinances and regulations should be observed at all times.
- APP offers a variety of propane tank sizes from 120 gallons to 1,000 gallons to meet your individual needs
- 120 gallon vertical or horizontal tanks for: Cook tops, hot water, fire places and shops
- 250 gallon, 500 gallon, and 1000 gallon above ground tank for multi-appliances, larger homes, and swimming pools
- 500 gallon and 1000 gallon below ground tanks with special coating and anode protection
1. Regardless of its size, any ASME tank filled on-site must be located so that the filling connection and fixed liquid level gauge are at least 10 feet from external source of ignition (i.e. open flame, window A/C, compressor, etc.), intake to direct vented gas appliance, or intake to a mechanical ventilation system.
2. May be reduced to 10 feet minimum for a single container of 1200 gallon water capacity or less if it is located at least 25 feet from any other LP-Gas container of more than 125 gallon water capacity.
3. Minimum distances from underground containers shall be measured from the relief valve and filling or level gauge vent connection at the container, except that no part of an underground container shall be less than 10 feet from a building or line of adjoining property which may be built upon.
4. Where the container may be subject to abrasive action or physical damage due to vehicular traffic or other causes it must be either: a) placed not less than 2 feet below grade, or b) otherwise protected against such physical damage.